Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Oh boy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy...

Some dogs end up with the wrong people...and sometimes, those very same dogs, end up in the right place at the right time. It was against my moral code to not turn around and go back for him...even if he doesn't pull through this, he will at least know someone has tried and someone cared enough to turn around and come back...

Ugh, the picture is clearer here than Facebook. Wonder what he'll look like once he has meat and hair covering those bones? Probably a right pretty boy.....
    Jennie, Gary & our kids:

cat colony: Hunter S Tomcat, Archie and Mehitable, Witch, and Calamity Jane, Cuddlebug, Havana, Ghost, Spitfire Liz, Little Bit, Jesse, Moe, Cali, Stardust, Anastasia & Christy, Sally and the 5 boys

dog pack Heinz and Heidi

rip Tiger, Rabbit, Two Stars, Angel,Elaine, Mungo Jerry, Tex and Ijimus. I'll meet y'all at the bridge.

Comment

What happened?

What happened to this poor sweet little one? This is really heartbreaking. It looks like he got burned somehow? God bless you for rescuing him. Please tell us how it's going...

Comment

I agree with nana, picture is much clearer on here that Facebook. Do you think the swelling in his front legs and paws primarily from the puncture wounds or in combination with the skin infection? Every time I look at his picture it just makes me sick with anger.
        The Kitties: Tia, Buttons, Tigger, Uber, Isys, Voodoo, Midi, Xaria & Tig Tig.

The Dog: Kaylee

The Ratties: Emma, Pixie, Elle & Nym

Waiting for me on the other side: Blue, Lexi, Pumpkin, Alice, Bob, Archemedes and Harry You're greatly missed but never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by nanamouse View Post
          Ugh, the picture is clearer here than Facebook. Wonder what he'll look like once he has meat and hair covering those bones? Probably a right pretty boy.....
          He's got some tartar on his teeth, which made me think he was older...but, I really think it's from poor diet. His feet are HUGE and his teeth are in GREAT condition, aside from junk tartar. I'll bet he's a puppy...just by looking at his feet. I have no idea what he'll look like, but in this area...I'll bet his a pit...or pit mix.

Originally posted by AbbyTy View Post
          What happened to this poor sweet little one? This is really heartbreaking. It looks like he got burned somehow? God bless you for rescuing him. Please tell us how it's going...
          Thanks, Abby. He's...well, in bad, bad shape. Something appears to have attacked him; he has large, large wounds on his front limbs. His hair is missing from possible Scabies or Demodex Mange...and of course, he's extremely sunken in and no muscle or meat mass whatsoever.

I saw him driving home tonight...I kept driving...but, it broke my heart. The very LEAST, if it's too far gone, we'll respectfully put him to sleep on Monday. But, I feel like there's hope for him, and I'm willing to give him a go...

Comment

Originally posted by e1beth1 View Post
            I agree with nana, picture is much clearer on here that Facebook. Do you think the swelling in his front legs and paws primarily from the puncture wounds or in combination with the skin infection? Every time I look at his picture it just makes me sick with anger.
            I think the swelling on his front legs is from the wounds, but on the same note...his back legs are swollen, too. So, I feel like the skin infection and mange and all that aren't helping his case. He is super, super painful to touch...so I probably won't bathe him for a week or so. You pet him and he just whimpers.

Comment

Bless his heart-I'm so glad you stopped to help him.
              ΦΕΦΗ
              Having a dog completely fulfills my need to be called Mommy.

"I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right. It simply means that you value the relationship much more than your ego.

sigpic
              I bleed blue!

Comment

I almost didn't...I knew Charles would be mad at me...but, I just...well, I'm sure y'all understand. I just couldn't leave him...at the very least, like I said, a peaceful death. He should not have to starve and bleed and be painful for the rest of his days.

I'm pushing for him...in a few months, I want to be able to post pictures of him as a beautiful boy!

Comment

Slow death by septic infection alone in some ditch somewhere is a death that no animal should ever experience. Even if you find out Monday that he's too far gone at least right now you're able to give him pain meds and antibiotics to help ease his suffering and then you can let him go peacefully.

Waiting for me on the other side: Blue, Lexi, Pumpkin, Alice, Bob, Archemedes and Harry You're greatly missed but never forgotten.

Comment

...it's really, really sad. I go out to check on him every so often, and each time I open that door...he cowers.

Comment

Originally posted by tiffers View Post
                      ...it's really, really sad. I go out to check on him every so often, and each time I open that door...he cowers.
                      Poory boy. Keep taking treats with you when you go out so he gets something good each time he sees you.

Comment

I just went out to check on him, and he's managed to climb the stairs and curl up on the rug. I may donate one of the guinea pigs blankets to him to help keep him warm tonight. He looks soooooo dadgum pitiful. I've made a video for him, using that tear jerking song Heather used for Frank's video...so, grab some kleenex. It goes into more pictures and such showing the extent of his injuries and malnutrition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo1zlf_b8kk

Comment

Oh bless you for doing what others wouldn't
                          Alison & Foxxy

Comment

Oh gosh... Thats terrible...
                            Thank you tiff for not leaving him. I'm not sure how anybody could leave an animal in that condition..
                            Was he just on the side of the ride or by a house?
                            I really hope he makes it. He looks like he could blossom into a beautiful dog.
                            ~Leeza

"A true friend is one who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else" ~ A Wise Fortune Cookie
                            Kesha, wait for me at the rainbow, m'kay?

Comment

He slowly, slowly, slowly crossed the road in front of me...I first noticed his wounds and lack of hair. Then, when I turned around and came back for him...I noticed how deathly thin he was. I live a bit out in the country...there weren't any nearby houses...I'm quite sure he was dumped...maybe not, but how else is he going to find himself way the heck out here.

Comment

Working...
                              X