Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Doxen or Dauschhund?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxen or Dauschhund?

Is there a real breed of dog called a Doxen? My friend says so, but then again she is a terrible speller. I thought there was only a Dauschhund, as does my mother, who bred them when she was younger. Just curious, but I'd like a reply ASAP.
    When cats rule the world, everyone will smell like catnip. Until then only the true cat lovers will

Doxen is a new one to me!!! But who knows with all the "new" breeds coming out these days..
    Dauschhund is the only one I've heard of.

Comment

"Doxen" is just another name for dachshund, its not a diffrent breed

Comment

DaneGirl is right.....It's just another name for a Daschund.

Comment

Yeah, I agree too. In USA people mostly say the work 'Dachshund' as Doxen or DAHKS-hund. I am used to saying 'Dachshund' as DASH-hound. They are just different ways of saying the same breed name.
          Thanks

'We' ~Manasi & Abhi

Brinkley ~St Bernard Short Haired
          Heera ~St Bernard Long Haired

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=3456520d.pbw

Comment

So, both are correct? Is it just that Doxen is an American way of saying it?
            When cats rule the world, everyone will smell like catnip. Until then only the true cat lovers will

Comment

Working...
            X