Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

hello , first post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello , first post

my terrier mix -13 years old can no longer walk.
    it was a gradual process which is heartbreaking to watch.
    i'm just looking for people who have faced the same issue...and advice.

Hello and welcome to pet lovers! I'm sorry to hear your senior dog is having trouble walking. What has the vet said? Is this from arthritis or something else? What treatments are being tried?

Comment

Hello and welcome, I'm so sorry you are facing these issues with your dog. You're bound to get some goos advice here, Pip
      sigpic

Comment

Hi and welcome to Petlovers. Sorry to hear that your pet is not well....you will find many people here if indeed not all that have faced or are facing similar situations. This is a very friendly forum where you will get the best advice on how to deal with this....very supportive people as well.
        sigpic
        Me, Ruby & Milly
        Ruby In a thoughtful mood
        Milly on my comfortable chair
        After a swim
        Ruby enjoying the sun
        Beauty
        Sharon
        Stalin
        Stripe & Sharon

"Good fences make good neighbours"
        They also keep your pets safe.

Comment

Hi there
          I think it very much depends on why your dog cant walk and his overall health.
          Is this new, is he in a lot of pain, does he have other issues?
          In some case if this is the final stage in an illness or if he is now also incontient or in a lot of pain it might be time to say goodbye..

However I had a friend with a large shephard he was 11 and his hip had just worn out he was otherwise healthy and happy, she got him a wheelchair and he lived another two years..he was able to go for walks interact with other dogs and had a good life.
          Explore all the possibilties and the impact it will have on your friend before taking any decision..

Good luck

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the group and having puppy behavior issues.We got a Shepard/ Rottweiler puppy at 8 weeks in June of this year. The home we got her from had little girls that dropped her and now she snaps and growls at my kids Any suggestions? We want to keep her and did muzzle her temporarily but we are running out of options

Comment

Hi there, i'm sorry to hear that. It is really heartbreaking to watch our dog, especially if we love them so much, to be in a state like this. They are a blessing to our life and most often they did comfort us and serve as stress relievers.

I would advice to give more time to your dog now that you know she will be gone soon.
              The Dog Line - Experts in Dog Fences, Dog Bark Collars, Dog Training Collars

Comment

Hi Molly, Thats really sad news. What does your vet say?
                I make cat memorial stones and pet headstones for cats in my spare time. After losing my Persian (Alexa) of almost nine years, I wanted to remember her forever.

Comment

Hi! I'm Christine and welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry to hear that. Is your vet doesn't give any prescription to your dog?

Comment

Hwz ur pet now

Comment

Working...
                    X