Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Favorite books with an animal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite books with an animal?

I am going to admit this--even though I probably would have been scolded for it years ago. I fell in love with Irish Wolfhounds after reading the book Sight Hound. The main dog in the book, Dante, seemed so amazing and right after I finished the book I started researching them and got a puppy about a year later. Fiona is everything that I could have wanted in a dog and I am definitely hooked on the breed. She is a big girl, but her heart is even bigger
    --I totally do not recommend getting a certain breed just because of how they are represented in a movie or book!

I am also a huge fan of Where the Red Fern Grow. I was so touched by that book when I growing up, it still affects me when I think about it.
    Come visit out pet portrait website!
    www.scottjablonski.com
    Mention the forum and get 10% off

Looking for special breed for children

Hi. I'm doing a bit of research to find out what breed is ideal for children. do you have any thoughts?
    Need a Top Quality PET HAIR Vacuum? .... NONE are created equal

Before you Buy,... Read an HONEST and complete REVIEW. Click On This Link : Dyson Dc41 Pet Hair vacuum.
    Warning!!!
    The Dc41 Animal vacuum has Flaws. So, ... click the blue "Dyson Dc41" link above to
    Learn what actual users like and DISLIKE about this animal vacuum.

Comment

My all-time favorite books with animals would have to be the Julie of the Wolves trilogy by Jean Craighead George. I probably read those books through twenty times when I was a kid. It taught me so much about animals, and about Alaska, too.
      Tom Bombadil [tabby cat] 1998-present
      Tobie [shepherd/collie] 1999-2010 <3
      Lucy [lab/shepherd/coonhound] 2011-present

Comment

My favorites for young kids:
        Stella Luna and Verdi. (I think Verdi has a message as much for adults as for kids, lol).
        (Plus, they're gorgeously illustrated).

Then, of course, there are the ones for older kids, purely for fun: A Cricket in Times Square, Harry Cat's Pet Puppy, Bunnicula, The Howliday Inn...

Comment

I love the book Kes/ kestral for a knave, a little boy that is bullied having a tough hard time, then finds a baby kestrel and raises it. its all about the relationship between them

Comment

Possum Magic was my favourite as a child!

Comment

The Call of the Wild, and Stinker from Space

Comment

actually studied that in highschool english lit, it's not just a story...... It apparently has a deep seeded meaning something to do with communism. It was an awsome story, till it came to what it meant for the horse or thy.e cow if I remember correctly. Like the story, just can't stand it's underlying meaning. did you know???

Comment

My favorite book of all time is Black Beauty.

Comment

What the parrot told Alice ih sn't a fun book but its worth the read and you'll get an education about parrots.

Comment

Oh gosh, my favorite book with an animal, probably because of all the jokes and sketches I've ever heard of is "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". Haha.
                      Meditation

Comment

Omar Blue and K-9 Town, USA

Doberman Omar Blue and his pack of fierce canines form K-9 Town, USA, predators await them but they are in for a big surprise. Fearless to a fault, the pack survives, garnering strength and pride from their leader Omar Blue, from each other and from their love for the new town that is growing quickly. As the canine Elders and puppies settle in, there's no end to the adventure.

The puppies share the joy of being naughty and learning the rules of survival.

The pack is getting bigger and stronger, ready for any challenge, though relying more than ever on Omarís keen wit and the mystery that surrounds him, and now them.

Entertainment for the whole family. Told in smooth rhymes, with a flow that takes the reader right into K-9 Town, USA.

Sold on Amazon Books, Kindle e-books

Comment

I'm making children's book art nowadays so I hope children's picture books are ok to write about here? For me, I really like Ian Falconer's Olivia series. I also got a kick out of Diary of a Wombat.

Comment

Working...
                          X