Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Dart Frogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dart Frogs

Does anyone know if it is okay to feed dart frogs crickets?
    ---------------
    Bill Mrozinski
    Check out my wife's personalized dog bowls

Properly gut-loaded and dusted with calcium, they are fine...however, few dart frogs grow large enough to eat anything other than pinhead-sized crickets, and due to the risk that a cricket may escape and hide in the viv, and grow to a size dangerous to the animals, most people don't use them as feeders for dart frogs.

Better choices include Drosophilia hydei (flightless) dusted with supplement, phoenix worms, and occasional wax worms as a treat.
    Fruit flies are easy to culture, and the large species (hydei) are great dart frog feeders.

Comment

Working...
    X