Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

What Breed am I??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Breed am I??

Hello,

I am thinking about adopting this dog.

I have two questions. 1) Does anyone know what type of mixed breed this is? 2) Is $450 a high price when adopting? (We are on a tight budget so I want to gauge what people think )
    Attached Files

Adopting a dog shouldn't be more than $100 or so, sounds like you're purchasing a dog!
    ΦΕΦΗ
    Having a dog completely fulfills my need to be called Mommy.

"I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right. It simply means that you value the relationship much more than your ego.

sigpic
    I bleed blue!

Comment

Agree, $100 for adopting a dog
      he sure is a cutie; not sure of the breed / mix

Comment

Thanks Lisa.

I thought it was very high. I guess they want you to pay for it's shots/neutering.

Maybe there is some freight costs involved as well. He is in TX and I am in CT.

Comment

I think he definitely has shepard in him. If he does, I imagine he is a very smart and social dog. Good luck!

Comment

Looks like a mix between a spaniel and a retriever?

Comment

He looks definitely like some kind of retriever and maybe a border collie? He's kewte $450 is WAYYYY to much if you are adopting him though... may want to ask why such the high cost...

Comment

Some of the Atlanta rescues that pull from our shelter have adoption fees upwards of $300.00. I think it has a lot to do with the cost of veterinary services (and shelter pull fees) in an area, and also they want the adopter to have a good solid investment in the animal. Unfortunately, many people only value what has a monetary value, and free or cheap pets are considered to be of less worth to them.
                Jennie, Gary & our kids:

cat colony: Hunter S Tomcat, Archie and Mehitable, Witch, and Calamity Jane, Cuddlebug, Havana, Ghost, Spitfire Liz, Little Bit, Jesse, Moe, Cali, Stardust, Anastasia & Christy, Sally and the 5 boys

dog pack Heinz and Heidi

rip Tiger, Rabbit, Two Stars, Angel,Elaine, Mungo Jerry, Tex and Ijimus. I'll meet y'all at the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                X