Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

How to minimize separation anxiety

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the idea of two dogs helps a lot. When I had Penelope, everyday I would come home and the house would be tore up. Then when I got Mocha this stopped, Penelope also would not leave my side before I got Mocha. Now even though she is still co-dependent. She is quite more independent and not as sad at being left home alone. She now has a playmate, her and Mocha stick to each other like glue. It has a lot to do with their breed too. I know with my breed miniature pinscher/rat terrier mixes they are co-dependent by nature. So you can do things to help but if it's in their nature, it's in their nature.

Comment

Originally posted by mooneymelani
      I think the idea of two dogs helps a lot. When I had Penelope, everyday I would come home and the house would be tore up. Then when I got Mocha this stopped, Penelope also would not leave my side before I got Mocha. Now even though she is still co-dependent. She is quite more independent and not as sad at being left home alone. She now has a playmate, her and Mocha stick to each other like glue. It has a lot to do with their breed too. I know with my breed miniature pinscher/rat terrier mixes they are co-dependent by nature. So you can do things to help but if it's in their nature, it's in their nature.
      i agree, I think its better to have "someone" more like them, that can be with them all of the time, when we can't. Just like we need to be around people that we get along with, you know. Thats how Maya and max are, always together. Breed does make a difference though, mine are extremely independent by nature, but that seems to be the way of the Husky. Maya is as independent as it gets, Max on the other hand isn't as independent , but then again, he is only almost 5 months old.

Comment

Hi Amy,

Separation Anxiety are just normal behavior of your dogs whenever you are not around and specially he is with some people that he does not see regularly. Yes, you may start letting your dogs stay in your parents house for a day or two every week and see how he responds or react to it. You will also need some help from technologies that can help you train your dog to behave properly like Remote Dog Training Collars. Ofcourse, we need to make sure that they are safe to use and effective in training your dog.

Thank yu,
        The Dog Line - Experts in Dog Fences, Dog Bark Collars, Dog Training Collars

Comment

I agree with the idea should have two dogs help a lots.

Comment

The separation anxiety are most common to dogs who needs constant care from their owners. Training at the same time playing with them with schedule times will make the separation anxiety be lessen. Also, it will be more effective training with the use of training collars with hand held remote transmitter.
            Thank you.
            The Dog Line - Experts in Dog Fences, Dog Bark Collars, Dog Training Collars

Comment

Two dogs is a good solution

Comment

Working...
              X