Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

What to do with "wolf" on my dogs neck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with "wolf" on my dogs neck

Hi
    New to this site
    Does anyone know what to do for a "wolf" on a dogs neck?
    That is what i remember them being called when i was little.
    And also what causes it?
    thanks for any info.

Are you talking about Cuterebra's? Like Wolf Worms or something? A fly lands on the animal and leaves the larvae with then burrows into the animals skin until it's mature enough to come out. It needs to be removed by your vet. Those things can cause a world of problems.

Comment

thank you TIFFERS

Comment

You're welcome.

I wouldn't try removing it yourself. Many times the hole the bugger has made will need to be enlarged, and if the bugger ruptures inside your dog, your dog can get very, very ill.

Your vet will certainly put you on antibiotics since there's an infection living around the cuterebra.

Comment

The last feral kitten I brought home had one, it had already emerged by the time we got her to the vet, and it left an awful infected sore in her neck. Lots of antibiotics, pain meds and twice daily clean out of the spot. The sooner you get to the vet the better.
          Jennie, Gary & our kids:

cat colony: Hunter S Tomcat, Archie and Mehitable, Witch, and Calamity Jane, Cuddlebug, Havana, Ghost, Spitfire Liz, Little Bit, Jesse, Moe, Cali, Stardust, Anastasia & Christy, Sally and the 5 boys

dog pack Heinz and Heidi

rip Tiger, Rabbit, Two Stars, Angel,Elaine, Mungo Jerry, Tex and Ijimus. I'll meet y'all at the bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X