Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

red spot on dog's belly....HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red spot on dog's belly....HELP!!!

I have no idea what this is or how it got there...can anyone tell me if this is serious????? Or Can i wait until tomorrow to take her to the vet???
    Attached Files

May be any of these

ringworm

infection

allergic reaction to something

just a wound

i'd have a vet check her
    Last edited by PatchO'Pits; 06-11-2006, 02:43 PM.
    Therese, Patch O' Pits Proud Mom

Comment

Is it raised? If it is then I would take her to the vet to get it aspirated because you want to rule out a mast cell tumor. Either was I would just take her in tomorrow and get it checked out.
      Last edited by blueberrybun; 06-11-2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

first thing I thught of was ringworm.
        Head count..
        Zues (GSD)Born Sept 3, 2010
        Bob(Zacharys hamster) 1yr
        RIP Brandy (pit/lab)12yrs RIP 12/26/2010
        Dante` (pit) 11yrs
        Miss Piggy(guinea pig)1yr
        Zachary (human)8yrs!!! I cant belive he is 8!!!!
        Natalie (human)6 and going to Kindergarten!!

Comment

If it has a distinct ring on the outer edge (slightly raised compared to the inner portion), then is sounds like ringworm, which is contagious to other animals, and to humans as well. Please keep us updated on what you find out at the vet.
          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant
          Click every day to save a stray until he finds a loving home.

Comment

Although lyme is usually more of a target shape, with 2 rings, it could also be lyme disease with the red ring look to it.

First thing I though of was ringworm though. Check your body for it too!

Comment

Great thought Philly! I forgot about lyme.
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant
              Click every day to save a stray until he finds a loving home.

Comment

I noticed a much smaller red spot on my pup's lower belly (near her genitals) and couldn't really tell if it was ringworm-ish, insect bite or just a little irritation. I decided to treat it by dabbing with a bit of tea tree oil as I keep an eye on it before consulting my vet. The spot totally cleared with a couple of days of twice daily tea tree oil.

Do you know what it is/was by now?

Comment

Please be aware that tea tree oil is DEADLY to cats. If they even rub up against the dog and any of the oil gets on the cat it can cause serious neurological damage and even death.

Comment

Home Remedy 4 Ring worm

Just a tip. Putting a very small amount of toothpaste on ring worm will clear it up. use gloves, put small amount on fingertip and rub on. Just a drop. Will not harm your dog. If worried, use childrens toothpaste.

Comment

my dog got red spots on her belly one time I thought it was ring worm but it was some kind of a bacterial infection possibly caused by insect bites. she kinda started out with one or two spots then got more only notice them on her belly.

Comment

red spots

My toy rat terrier has similar looking spots. They appear one at a time, then disappear in a couple of days. The third one has just appeared and is fading.

Prior to the spots, she had some light colored to white stools-- they are now normal. I don't know if they are related.

Yesterday, her face swelled up and the vet recommended Benadryl. The swelling is mostly down, but she has vomited twice.

Ideas?

Comment

My Dachshund Has the Same Spot

I just noticed the same red spot on my little "Ty". It is round with one red outer ring.

Did anyone find out what that was in thr picture?? He was outside sitting on the grass for a few hours today. Should I be worried?

Comment

White stools can be liver disease. You need a Vet.

Comment

Barkley gets the red bumps you have a picture of on his belly also. His vet said they were black fly bites, and here in Connecticut the flies would be gone in a month or so. They don't seem to bother him at all so we just let them be.

Comment

Working...
                              X