Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Interested to know what famous people own your breed of dog?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested to know what famous people own your breed of dog?

Hi, I checked it up and I have a list of famous people who own certain breeds of dogs.

If you would like to know which famous people own what type of dog, you can post it and I'll check it up!

For instance, those out there who own Boxers, here are the people who own Boxers too:actor Humphrey Bogart of Casablanca has one named Harvey, author Emily Bronte has one called Keeper, actress Jodie Foster, acotr Charlton Heston, artist Pablo Picasso, actor Sylvester Stallonehas one called Gangster and actor Robin Williams. And these are just a few!

This information was taken from the book Why we Love the Dogs we Do by Stanley Coren.
    Last edited by SHGrrl; 02-05-2004, 06:19 AM.
    Smiling is easy, just stretch your muscles!

How about Italian Greyhounds?
    " A true painter, paints the most usual of things, in the most unusual of ways" -Salvador Dali

Comment

Okay, Italian Greyhounds are consistent dogs, which includes self-contained and home-loving dogs. Is your dog like that?

here are the people who own Italian Greyhounds:

Only Three of them - Carl Fisher, first land developer of Miami Beach has one called Pizza! Cute name.
      - Frederick the Great, king of Prussia had six of these dogs, and one of their names include Madame de Pompadour! Quite a loadful.
      - Peter the Great, the czar of Russia has got one called Lissette

This information was taken from the book Why we love the dogs we do by Stanley Coren

Comment

Yep, our dogs are like that..we have 4 Evie, Lira, Nova and Roxie.....they love to be pampered and treated like royalty too so I'm not surprised to see a king and czar as owners of IG's,Lol. Pizza is a cute name..thanks for sharing
        " A true painter, paints the most usual of things, in the most unusual of ways" -Salvador Dali

Comment

How about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel's (other than the obvious, King Charles).

Did you notice that the made a debut on Sex in the City?

Comment

Okay, besides King Charles 1 and 2, there are so many I am only give a few.

Stanley Coren, the author of Why we love the dogs we do and psychologist has one called Wizard
            Kirk Douglas, actor has one called Sparkle
            Michael J. Fox, actor of back to the future (also voiced Stuart Little and Homeward Bound, my favourite animal movie!!!!) has one called Rex
            James 2, king of england
            Fonald Reagan, US president has one also called Rex, a gift from William F. Buckley who also has one called Freckles!
            Frank Sinatra, singer actor
            Queen Victoria has one called Dash

Other nice names famous people have called their king Charles include Mishka, Sinbad, Polo and one called Quizzical! Quite quizzical.

THis information was taken from the book Why we love the dogs we do by Stanley Coren
            Last edited by SHGrrl; 02-12-2004, 06:09 AM.

Comment

What a fun book! I'll look it up!

And thanks!

Comment

How about a Shiba Inu?

Very few people I know have even heard of them (except the people on the shiba inu message board I go to of course haha)!
                -Kaye and the Lovebirds..
                Oliver & Evie

Comment

Right, Shiba Inu.
                  Sadly, the book seems to have neglected this dog! But I know this breed, I've seen it in other books before. Quite a sweet thing, huh? (Well all animals are sweet anyway).
                  Do you have a Shiba Inu then?

Comment

Yea I have a Shiba Inu named Bear. I introduced him on your "Balto's Profile" thread He's 9 years old and is a black & tan. Shibas are probably more popular over there because it's a dog native to Japan. I don't know :P Lotta books neglect the breed. Here's a new pic of Bear.
                    -Kaye and the Lovebirds..
                    Oliver & Evie

Comment

Any Brussels Griffons? That's not a very common breed.

Comment

Any labs?
                        Sasha and Diego C.D. nary one without the other.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Unknown

Obedience train your dog and you have a friend for life!

My Flicker Pics

Eventually a woman wants to hear the pitter patter of little feet. Thats why I got a dog, its cheaper and you get more feet!" Unknown

Comment

I'm so ashamed, I don't know any Brussels Griffon! But the book sure does. There's only one:

Somebody called Esther Rudomin Hautzig who is an author, winner of Jane Addams Children's Bok Award and Lewis Carroll Shelf Award. SHe has one called Jasper.

Do you have a picture of a Brussels Griffon? Please enlighten me!

Comment

Your shibu Inu is SO cute, okay, I recognise him, yeah. Looks like my Sibe!

Comment

Okay, There are A LOT of lab celebrity owners.
                              I picked a few:

Anne, princess of England has one called Laura.

Barbara Cartland, English romance novelist, over 250 books! Has one called Duke.

Charles, crown prince of England has Harvey

Kevin Costner, actor of Dances with Wolves has got one named Rosalita

Sheryl Crow, rock star has got Scout

Tom Cruise, Actor owns Joseph

Harrison Ford, actor

George the sixth, King of England has Mimsy and others

James Herriot, veterinarian/author of All creatures Great and Small has got Dan

Vivien Leigh, acress in Gone with the Wind has Jason

Karl Malone, pro Basketball player has got Tosshie and others

George McGovern, US sneator and presidential candidate has got Atticus

Dennis Quaid, actor has Dave, Dave is shared with Meg Ryan

Ronald Reagan has got Millie

Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor has got Conan

Frank Sinatra, singer actor owns Leroy Brown

Actor Sylvester Stallone has got Flipper (what a name)

Victoria queen of England

EB white has got Moses, and his Charlotte's Web is one of my favourite animal books!!!!

Other weird names of Labs include Stockman, Apollo, MIyake, Trillion (??) Valentine (how sweet), Taxi and Burnaby. There's also one called Jagss, which, sounds like Jack A**

THis information was taken from the book Why we Love the Dogs we do by Stanley Coren
                              Last edited by SHGrrl; 02-15-2004, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X