Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

What kind of dog is Winn Dixie? ( On the movie "Because of Winn Dixie")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of dog is Winn Dixie? ( On the movie "Because of Winn Dixie")

Please help. We are thinking of getting one.

Please help!

Comment

A Picardy Shepherd... a rather rare breed... high-strung, needs LOTS of stimulation and room to run, coat is not the easiest to maintain... You'll want to research them a LOT before you get one, and be perpared to pay a chunk for him/her, as they're in more demand because of the movie.
      Jenna, momma to:
      Furbis, Calliah, Izzy, & Bayleigh

Gramma... I miss you. Looks like I'll have to look for you when I get to heaven. Please, take care of our babies for us, and know that you are loved.

Living Proof - Jenna's Blog

Comment

they are also called "Berger De Picard". not only should you expect to pay a good chunk of change for one, chances are you'll have to buy one from overseas. you'll be hard pressed to find a breeder in the US.

Comment

OR...you can adopt/rescue one of the many, many look-a-likes to Winn Dixe. My Rockie looks kind of like Winn Dixe (when she isn't full of mud):
          Attached Files

Comment

Well I thought that it was a mix dog. Guess that shows how little I know.
            Loved by

Zeus - 4yr Bichon
            Candy - 3yr Bichon
            Max - 1yr Yorkie

And of course my precious girls and Hubby

Comment

Whatever the breed, make sure that you carry out TONS of research. Choosing a dog because you saw one on a film is a really bad idea.

Comment

here is a link about them:
                http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bergerpicard.htm
                Therese, Patch O' Pits Proud Mom

Comment

Thanks Guys! We'll do A LOT of research!

Comment

Originally posted by JustJo
                    OR...you can adopt/rescue one of the many, many look-a-likes to Winn Dixe. My Rockie looks kind of like Winn Dixe (when she isn't full of mud):
                    Best answer to this question is right here. Rockie is every bit as beautiful as the Winn Dixie dog or even more beautiful!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X