Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Raw food diet how toos

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may not be able to completely answer all of you questions but I can say this: I was completely shocked when I saw my friend feeding her dogs raw chicken wings as a snack! Bone and all.. I would never have done that. But she has been feeding them raw chicken wings without problem for awhile. As for beef and fish...I would feed them raw beef and fish and not bat an eye.
    One love for all pets!

http://www.thecatsmeowpetsitting.com/

Comment

Careful with fish. Raw salmon (especially farmed salmon) can be dangerous. I typically buy wild salmon canned and feed once a week.

Comment

I'm thinking of putting either Anubis or Buck on raw if not both of them. As for preparing the meals, how long should they thaw out before feeding them?

Comment

Be careful , no matter how you make your RAW diet happen, that you're creating a balanced, nutritious meal for your dog - they can't eat just anything; they need certain amounts of protein and carbohydrates and such , just like people do Take their size into account to so you don't underfeed, seen it happen too many times.

Comment

Most of your questions can be answered here regarding the answers for dogs. Raw food diets can be super healthy and beneficial , but if it's not for your pet, don't force it! Keep an eye on them.

Comment

Thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by trista View Post
                Careful with fish. Raw salmon (especially farmed salmon) can be dangerous. I typically buy wild salmon canned and feed once a week.
                Why is raw salmon dangerous? Not that I have fed it to my dog, but I'm just wondering.
                Handmade Leather Dog Collars

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoI View Post
                  Why is raw salmon dangerous? Not that I have fed it to my dog, but I'm just wondering.
                  Hi Marko,

I hope this article will help you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Macawpower58 View Post
                    I've heard talk of dietary bones, load bearing bones, and marrow bones. Which do you feed, and which are given recreationally.

I have an idea, but the marrow bones throw me.

I've given chicken leg quarters before, but then found out they don't offer enough of something, and a supplement was advised. That they also were harder bones, harder on teeth, and digestive systems. I was advised instead to do turkey/chicken necks and backs.

It's all very confusing.
                    Wow I had not heard of most of those. This is useful information indeed
                    "Andrew, you cannot be serious about these pancakes..."

Comment

• I switched my dog's food from Royal Canin (mostly corn) to Evo. Evo is pretty close to raw. It is cooked, but they do it at a temp that doesn't destroy enzymes. For me, the low carb aspect was most important. Royal Canin was rotting out his teeth. He's doing much better with Evo. BTW, when I transitioned his food, he would pick out the Evo bits and leave the RC.

Comment

• This was a great way to bump up the amount of raw food in my life without much effort, and in turn
                        Letís have fun with magnum 4d result today live,
                        keputusan 4d
                        and check latest magnum result

Comment

Working...
                        X