Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

cat has tapeworm and losing hair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat has tapeworm and losing hair

help my cat has tapeworms and is losing her hair on her back down her spine what do i need to do.

My first bit of advice would be for you to take the cat to the vet- the losing hair part doesn't sound normal. There are also some over the counter tapeworm medications, like this one: http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1119969338805.

Good luck!
    If cats could talk, they wouldn't. ~Nan Porter

Comment

I agree with indyselsa....if you do not get medical help your cat will probably die!!!!!!
      ~*~In Loving Memory To My Mom ~*~ 1931-1993
      Some say love, it is a hunger: an endless aching need......
      I say love it is a flower and you it's only seed.
      Just remember in the winter, far beneath the bitter snows...
      lies the seed that with the suns love.....

~*in the spring.......becomes the Rose*~

Comment

A trip to you vet...

Heather -

You need to do a couple things. 1. Take your cat to the vet and get him dewormed and get a flea treatment like advantage for him. Your cat will continue to reinfest himself with the tapeworms as long as he has fleas. 2. The hairloss is most likely not from the tapeworms. It's something else, maybe ringworm by chance or some skin problem. Whatever the case you need to take him to the vet.

Good luck.

Julie
        Julie owned by:

Kodi - 4 yr old Golden Retriever
        Penny - 7 yr old Golden Retriever
        Bumpers - 13 yr old DSH Cat

My life is not complete without my Goldens! My next adventure is to own a BERNER. (Bernese Mountain Dog.)

Comment

I definetly agree. He must have a trip to the vet. There is no other way to get rid of his problems without proper medical care. Please keep us posted on his treatment.

Comment

thanks to you all i guess i will be going to the vet

Comment

Originally posted by heather_rowi View Post
              help my cat has tapeworms and is losing her hair on her back down her spine what do i need to do.
              That's a serious concern heather_rowi. The vet would probably give her deworming pills. Did you notice your cat's loss of appetite as well?

Comment

Originally posted by heather_rowi View Post
                oooooh
                im so sad, my cat "browny" is also had this problem, her lovely doctor treated her. But during that time i got sick to! i always cut the hairs of! but i've bought a powerfull vacuum cleaner from the site: http://www.sharifsanat.com/
                and if you also want to buy from that, follow this link:
                http://www.sharifsanat.com/product/3...B%8C_-__GD_930
                OR you can buy from where ever you like
                i Hope your darling cat get healthy soon

Comment

hi every body
                  how is your days??
                  I've found a wonderful video channel that has videos about the devices that help care pets
                  http://www.ebrahimtv.com/cat/5-Car_Wash

Comment

Working...
                  X