Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Terrified... What's wrong with my baby?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrified... What's wrong with my baby?

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, split up from my husband etc not important right now....

Danzig started exhibiting weird behaviors around the time the ex moved out. He would spend more time than usual hiding in the kitchen cabinets mostly. I didn't really think much of it because it felt like a reaction to change in his environment.

I started to worry a little over a week ago when my boyfriend said he hissed at him when he opened the cabinet he was in, I opened the cabinet and he hissed at me twice... There's a leak into the cabinet under the sink in the bathroom and I'm now convinced there may be mildew and even mold in there. We taped the cabinet shut, and by the next day even though he was still antisocial, he wouldn't hiss at anyone and he'd come cuddle with me almost every morning.

Saturday he sat on the couch with me while i was watching football and rubbed his head on my hand, he seemed almost back to normal. Tonight, my boyfriend opened the cabinet above the fridg and he was in there looking crazed, ears at a 90 degree angle so that they pointed in either directions on the sides of his head. He seeemed almost catatonic, I panicked and had my boyfriend pull him out of there so I could check him out physically. In there he didn't react to sound or visual stimulation, i even tried the laser pointer and nothing.

Once out i took him into the bathroom closed the door and examined him physically, he was curled up in a tight balll with his muscles clenched, i shined an LED flashlight into his eyes to see how his pupils would react, they shrank, but it seemed slowerr than ususal and with such a bright light in his eyes they were still round and too big. His nose felt cool and dry almost chapped, the pads under his paws slightly darker than usual, his tongue seemed a little darker too but that could be overreaction on my part.

I felt his body all over and he only got fussy when I touched his right back leg and especilly the thigh. He kept clenching his muscles so it made it a bit harder to examine, but i felt a swollen spot on the inside of his thigh it felt like a half sphere shaped mass, but didn't feel overly hard.

I'm posting this now I'm crying my eyes out and my boyfriend had to make me take a pill just to calm down enough not to have a panic attack
    My little family :
    ~*~ Sammy ~*~ Danzig ~*~ Unix ~*~
    In Loving Memory of :
    ~*~ Edgar ~*~ Pumpkin ~*~
    I will always miss you.

Add me on Facebook ** Just say it's from PL **: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=678901074

After that I held him and rubbed his head gently but he got away, ran behind our tv, my boyfriend went to check on him and dropped his cigarette on the floor by him when he tried to pick it up he got clawed bad, bleeding bad, I got his cigarette back and picked up dnzig and took him into the bedroom and hd my boyfriend light a candle and shut the light cu it seeemed to bother him. I petted him gently for a while, sobbing like a child the whole time and when he started trying to get away I put him in the pet carrier because i was worried he'd hurt himself. There that's the whole story
    My little family :
    In Loving Memory of :
    I will always miss you.

Add me on Facebook ** Just say it's from PL **: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=678901074

Comment

I'm about to leave, I feel like a jerk for sleeping a few hours, I was up till morning in a panic then by bf made me lay down. He seems better, he acted normal when I took him our of the carrier to check him. But a few minutes later he freaked again, he was trembling all over and his muscles were all clenched, I thought he was getting scared, but he didn't try to run or fight, the only time I got clawed was when I tried to unwind him a little to check his leg. He's always been super friendly and social, anyone who came over ended up with him all over them, even strangers, so this is not t all normal for him. I'm going in my pjs I don't want to waste time getting ready
      My little family :
      In Loving Memory of :
      I will always miss you.

Comment

You know what they say, when it rains, it pours, my bf is currently changing the front left tire of my car which was fine last night but now is flat with a screw embedded in it. So no phone, sick baby and flat tire. All i can say is ugh and try not to bash my head into a wall
        My little family :
        In Loving Memory of :
        I will always miss you.

Comment

Hopefully you have taken Danzig to the vet by now?

Comment

Working...
          X