Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Fancy Feast vs Pro Plan cat food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiffers View Post
    While I do not like the ingredients or quality of a prescription diet, I have seen the magic they work on the bloodwork and the patient's disease...I don't think a prescription diet should be included in a 'normal diet' discussion. They are on their own level, if that makes sense.
    Yea I agree with you there. It was a big bag of J.D Hills adult dog food, I'm about 80% positive it wasn't a prescription diet. How come vet's can't sell foods like Wellness core? I've always wondered that, do you know? Am I thread jacking?
    Ariel

Comment

Originally posted by Akadma View Post
      Yea I agree with you there. It was a big bag of J.D Hills adult dog food, I'm about 80% positive it wasn't a prescription diet. How come vet's can't sell foods like Wellness core? I've always wondered that, do you know? Am I thread jacking?
      J/D is a prescription food...and J/D is amazing when used for skin or joints. I do not agree with some of the ingredients, but I have seen first hand it's 'magic' so to speak.

Vets can sell whatever they want to. No, they do not get kickbacks or diamonds from Hill's, Purina, or from any other Prescription Diet company. In fact, there's a vet around here who sells Instinct (a really, really good food) and we are currently looking into selling Evo. I can't wait to finally get it. That's what I've got my creatures on, and I can't wait to get it with my employee discount.

Comment

J/D is a prescription food...and J/D is amazing when used for skin or joints. I do not agree with some of the ingredients, but I have seen first hand it's 'magic' so to speak.
        Oh I didn't know that. Explains why it's so expensive.

Vets can sell whatever they want to. No, they do not get kickbacks or diamonds from Hill's, Purina, or from any other Prescription Diet company. In fact, there's a vet around here who sells Instinct (a really, really good food) and we are currently looking into selling Evo. I can't wait to finally get it. That's what I've got my creatures on, and I can't wait to get it with my employee discount.
        That's awesome, your so lucky! I really thought they could only sell vet type food.
        Ariel

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
          Look under www.c2cdr.org/health_epilepsy.html
          Go to prevention plan under paragraph 3 and next paragraph.....this saved my cats live....I am so glad I found it and it worked for her....she is seizure free!!!
          Are you certain you didn't mistake ataxia for a seizure?

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/968...ent=a933863695

Comment

Originally posted by macraig View Post
            Are you certain you didn't mistake ataxia for a seizure?

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/968...ent=a933863695
            Ataxia is actually a common symptom of stroke. The definition of ataxia is lack of control of body movements. To explain further, it is usually a result neurological dysfunction such as comes with stroke (or birth defect)

Of course a cat with vestibular (inner ear) syndrome might have similar symptoms, but I know that's not what was being discussed here.

Comment

Seisures in cats from Fancy Feast - same issue after 3 months feeding

Hello Pet Lovers Community! Our smaller cat (Persian) started having seizures, losing hair in spots, and throwing up about 3-4 months after feeding Fancy Feast on a regular basis in 2015-16. Our much larger tabby did not develop issues until the end of the first year of feeding these products. Then he started throwing up more than twice a month and it was just the food. The seizures in the smaller cat got to be about 3 a week and we took her to a hospital vet who said to try a food elimination program to hopefully isolate the problem if food related before we'd have to resort to really expensive tests. Guess what? No more seizures after we stopped the Fancy Feast. Not one! Whatever is in there was really making them horribly sick. FYI - There can be all kinds of additives or chemicals in cat and dog foods because the FDA and pet food manufacturers do not totally regulate the quality and purity of what goes into pet food or on the label or where there source is from (china??). Marketing you see for popular brands tricks people into thinking their pet food is healthy and not tainted with things that are bad for cats (like starches, grains, gluten, propylene glychol, any kind of corn, any kind of meal, etc.). Many of these INGREDIENTS are full of starch additives to make the food cheaper but have no place in a regular cat or dog diet -- they are not built to process grains and starches which are heavily sprayed with chemicals by growers. Cats and dogs systems are built to handle meat diets with a small portion of greens (nothing sprayed with chemicals like corn, potato, sweet potato, grains, etc.). PLEASE look into the pet food industry scams and you'll see that there are NO ETHICAL pet food suppliers especially if it is processed dry food. Dry food pellets cause most of the problems with cats fed exclusively on dry food - diabetes from becoming overweight, kidney disease, etc. What they put in the dry foods is even worse than in wet canned foods. Don't take my word for it - do your own investigation and check out reviews for each and every pet food out there before feeding it to your family pet.

Here's what I am replying to:
              Originally posted by marti View Post
              I have found this extremely interesting, I think this message needs to get out to everyone who has an elderly cat. From my recent experience, it has been brought to my attention that sodium nitrites in cat food cause seizures in elderly cats, and dogs. I have written in before with this message. My cat had seizures for 2 1/2 yrs before I took her off fancy feast which has sodium nitrites. I put her on Pro Plan. PURINA MAKES FANCY FEAST AND PRO PLAN! Isnt it interesting that fancy feast with the dangerous chemicals can be purchased by the masses at the grocery store where most people buy their pet food. It apparently is cheaper to make. While Pro Plan which costs more and is only available at specialty pet stores does not contain sodium nitrites. HMMMMM....do you think Purina might know a little something about this chemical!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X