Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Pain in the back hind quarters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in the back hind quarters?

THis started a week ago. Whenever I pet or brush Junior, he reacts when I touch him in the rear hind quarter or back just at the base of the tail. I don't think it is hurting because he doesn't really yelp or run, but he just wants me to stop. He never did that before. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I also tried to feel but I don't feel a lump or anything and I felt under his belly by the legs and he is fine.

Just talked to vet

Just talked to the vet and he said it sound like his anal glands could be clogged or infected. Sound right? Taking him there tonight.

Comment

that can definitely do it! hoping he is all better after the vet visit!

Comment

I was going to suggest anal glands. Hopefully they just need to be expressed. Best of luck!

Comment

the vet expressed the anal glands and gave him an antibiotic. The vet had an accent so I am not sure if he was saying it happens because he is overweight? I know he said he has a heart murmur and he should lose some weight to help that but I'm not sure about the anal gland problem.

Comment

As I've said in another thread, I don't see how Anal Gland's filling up have anything to do with obesity. Now, being overweight does put a lot of strain on the heart, and with a heart murmur, that's not good.

Comment

maybe because he is too big to clean himself properly. I do see fecal matter on his fur, I am going to keep it clean for him in the future

Comment

Working...
              X