Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

Low Cost or Free neutering for cats

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this thread, what a good choice for a sticky. I see it hasn't been updated recently, but thought I'd throw in another resource for everyone. I went thru months of work, and compiled a listing for dogs and cats for low cost spay, neuter, and vaccination places in the US and Canada, and made them available on my website. Here is the link to them.

http://furryfuriends.com/index.php?p...y_Vet_Listings

I did this because I saw a few other lists on the web, but checking up on them, a lot of the places that were listed did not offer this service anymore. Each place in the listing I have I verified before placing it on the listing.

And if anyone knows of a place in there area that offers these services, let me know, and I'll add it to the listing. You would not believe how many people come to my site each day, just for this database.
    FurryFuriends - Completely customizable gifts for pet lovers and more
    Work from home - 100% free, Make money for your opinion on the net
    Unlimited Web Hosting - Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting solutions

Comment

Hello Bully does free shots and spay/neuter for pitbulls in Pittsburgh Pa http://www.pitfixplus.com
      ~Jessica~ ¤Mystery(1.5 Tuxedo cat) ¤Romeo(7mons fawn/brindle Pitbull) ¤Cash( 6mons Boston Terrier) ¤Merlin(4mons Ragdoll mix kitten) check out their pics here!http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazyanimalz

Comment

Hey! Another Pittsburgher!

I was just going to say that the Animal Rescue League does low cost spay/neuter--$25! This is for anyone else in the Pittsburgh area. I got Loki neutered there and had adopted Xora from ARL (where she came all fixed up).

Comment

Originally posted by rickywh View Post
          I think it's cruel to do that to animals and make it so they cannot have babies. I think they should all have one litter at least before getting that procedure done, hehe.
          I know this was a very old post but it hit a nerve. Is this person living in the dark ages? Do they know that just ONE PAIR of unalterned cats & their offspring can procreate well over 100,000 kittens in just 7 years? (I wish I could remember the exact number) Does this person's thinking mean males also should be allowed to have "just one litter"? Why? So they can keep their lines going? Ridiculous! It got down to 5 degrees here in Tennessee this past week and I cry thinking about all the homeless cats and kittens trying to survive in those temperatures and find food. It's unthinkable with all the suffering going on with homeless cats to create even more. I hope everyone will do their part to help end this suffering by spaying and neutering and helping the spay/neuter and release programs.
          Carol
          Mom to Maggie and Nikki (Himalayans), Norma (feral adoptee) and her baby Jay-Jay. Also Crystal (Maltese)

Comment

There should be more low cost spaying and neutering. I firmly believe this.
            "If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat." — Douglas Adams

"Some people don't understand cat love." -- Ka-mai

Sara: "Well not everyone's as weird about the way they love animals as you are."
            Me: "I don't know how to love any other way!"
            Sara: "And that's what makes you so darn ADORABLE!"

Comment

This really is a great resource! I wish I had known about this when I paid for my mom's cats to be spayed/neutered. She isn't in the best financial situation right now and so I help her out with the vet bills when I can. She would be so heartbroken if she couldn't keep her cats so I told her that I would pay for the bills as long as they don't have kittens! I think it is not only emotional for the mother cat, but also for the owner involved. My mom had the hardest time finding homes for the kittens she found under her truck not because she couldn't find people to take them, but because she loved them all so much. I'm just glad my kitty is a boy for one and two, I got him fixed before he probably even knew he was a boy. I think, at least with male cats, it clams them down quite a bit and might possibly make them more attached to you. Anyway, thanks for the info. I will keep it handy just in case! There are always kitties in need.
              My cute little guy Bits!
              http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/Peep6/Bits.jpg

Comment

i like your link this is very useful to me
                buy kamagra 100mg online buy kamagra oral jelly online

Comment

Spraying may at first seem dangerous and inconvenient to your pet. But this treatment has its own advantages. Spraying can be done to primarily prevent your pet from making troublesome litter. It helps your pet overcome sexual frustration that is a common experience among female cats during breeding seasons. More so that this prevents possible risks of cancer. So go on and have your cat sprayed. Just make sure that it is administered by a certified veterinarian.
                  www.AnimalStars.com

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalStars View Post
                    Spraying may at first seem dangerous and inconvenient to your pet. But this treatment has its own advantages. Spraying can be done to primarily prevent your pet from making troublesome litter. It helps your pet overcome sexual frustration that is a common experience among female cats during breeding seasons. More so that this prevents possible risks of cancer. So go on and have your cat sprayed. Just make sure that it is administered by a certified veterinarian.
                    I'd like to know what you're Spraying these cats with! As far as i know, the only Birth Control method known to work is Spaying. It involves surgically removing the uterus and ovaries of the cat.

Comment

There are actually a lot of companies and organizations out there that offer help if you cannot afford your pet's healthcare! In the Los angeles area the website http://www.laanimalservices.com/ has a directory of places that offer free or reduced price neutering/vaccinations; there are also plenty of places that are flexible to low income families. Also, several pet clinics in Hermosa Beach, CA offer cheap packages where they spay/neuter and vaccinate your pets for a reduced flat fee.

Comment

Originally posted by uwllv88 View Post
                        I know this was a very old post but it hit a nerve. Is this person living in the dark ages? Do they know that just ONE PAIR of unalterned cats & their offspring can procreate well over 100,000 kittens in just 7 years? (I wish I could remember the exact number) Does this person's thinking mean males also should be allowed to have "just one litter"? Why? So they can keep their lines going? Ridiculous! It got down to 5 degrees here in Tennessee this past week and I cry thinking about all the homeless cats and kittens trying to survive in those temperatures and find food. It's unthinkable with all the suffering going on with homeless cats to create even more. I hope everyone will do their part to help end this suffering by spaying and neutering and helping the spay/neuter and release programs.
                        my feelings are that this must have been a very deluded, idealistic person who doesn't quite see the grand scope of action and consequence. There is a huge push at least where I live in LA county to spay and neuter animals due to the sheer amount who end up breeding and then homeless! the shelters and streets are filled with strays who either die on the streets or become euthanized due to shelter over-crowding. Not enough people seem to realize that while giving birth and life is a beautiful thing, it can be dark when we live in a world that cannot accommodate to it!

Comment

Is there any info on low cost spaying? The vets near me charge around $300 for the surgery alone.

Comment

My kitten was a 4 mo old indoor. She went into heat & got out. She mated & got exposed to leukemia. They almost euythanized her at 4 mo. I got her back. She got sick every year. She finally lost to a bacteria she caight from a woman who was staying with me who got the "squirts"from the flu. Patti Anne died within 3 weeks at 5 yrs. old. She was one of the most loving, sweet, beautiful cats I ever had.

I did'nt know animals could get people diseases.

Comment

Spay/Neuter Clinics

My Veterinary House Call Practice, All Pets Veterinary Home Care, offers discount spay/neuter/dental clinics for dogs & cats throughout the Broome County area of New York. Call anytime for info! We do this on our own not through any government program and we LOVE doing it!

We will soon be opening TWO additional branches of our practice in Syracuse and Norwich, NY at which we will ONLY be providing such clinics in addition to vaccination clinics. We look forward to meeting you all!

Call: (607) 231-1464
                              www.AllPetsVeterinaryHomeCare.com
                              Twitter: HouseCallVetNY
                              Facebook: AllPets VetHousecalls
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by babyboobrit View Post
                                how about for dogs?
                                I think it's cruel to do that to animals and make it so they cannot have babies. I think they should all have one litter at least before getting that procedure done, hehe.
                                watch free movies online

Comment

Working...
                                X