Announcement

Collapse

REPORTING THREADS

I know that I'm not around enough, as are none of the other moderators, and I apologize for all of us as a whole.

BUT! Please please please report posts that shouldn't be here. We don't allow the sale of puppies or kittens, but let's all be honest here, the sale of any pet is frowned upon. Being rude or nasty to each other is strongly discouraged. And spamming will get you banned for life.

WE depend on YOU-the loyal members of this forum, to let us know when someone is posting something that is against the forum rules.

Thank you all!
Lisa
See more
See less

HELP! Newborn kitten won't eat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Newborn kitten won't eat!

Hi everyone! Our cat just gave birth to two BEAUTIFUL kittens,
    but the poor runt won't feed from the mother, and the mother
    will barely have anything to do with the runt. The other kitten is
    a perfect picture of health, but the runt is having ALOT of trouble
    breathing, and I don't know what to do. I am very scared that
    this kitten might end updying, and I can't stand to see that happen!!!!
    Any input that you may have would be GREATLY appreciated! I
    don't want this poor baby to die. I couldn't stand to see it die. We
    are doing everything that we can. We are wiping it with a warm wet cottonball all over, and to help it urinate. We are feeding it from
    a animal bottle, we are cuddling it to keep it warm. I honestly don't
    know what else to do to help it. I can't bear to just sit back and watch
    it die either. It would break my heart! The mother will lick it and stuff,
    but the baby won't nurse for some reason. She seems very weak, and
    like her lungs aren't completely developed. I don't know what to do!!!!!
    She cries all the time! PLEASE HELP!!!!

I think you need to bring her to the vet ASAP

Comment

Hello all, I am happy to report that she had her first bowel movement
      as of 8:45PM tonight. I know that that is a good thing. She also isn't
      crying AS much. She has eaten some more from the animal bottle that
      we purchased for her, and has had a urinary movement also. She is
      just weak, hopefully she will pull through though. I may just take her
      to the vet too. Thanks again!

Comment

That's great news. Keep up the good work

Comment

Sad news, she appears to be barely hanging on. She has very hard labored breathing, and very still. She will no longer eat, either. I'm unsure if she will pull through the nite, if she does, I'll probably take her to the vet. Thanks!

Comment

Did you check the kitten bottle to make sure the milk can come through?Sometimes there is no hole.I recued a kitten that was three weeks old,The kitten bottle I had was solid,so I had to cut it a little.That baby is almost 3 years old now.

Good luck,hopefully the vet can help out more.Just remember,if things don't turn out well you were a very good kitten mommy.

Comment

Any news pta2005???? I know how devastating these situations can be and I am thinking of you and hoping you will have some good news.
              ~*~In Loving Memory To My Mom ~*~ 1931-1993
              Some say love, it is a hunger: an endless aching need......
              I say love it is a flower and you it's only seed.
              Just remember in the winter, far beneath the bitter snows...
              lies the seed that with the suns love.....

~*in the spring.......becomes the Rose*~

Comment

Hello all! Sad to report that kitty died earlier this morning!!! She
                was doing badly all through the night, and wimpering, and we were
                about totake her with us to church to see a friend of ours. Well, we
                left her alone for about 5 minutes, and when we came back to pick
                her up and take her with us, she had passed on!! The bottle nipple
                did have a hole(we put it there), but she just wouldn't eat. She had
                very hard breathing, and we knew deep down that she prob. would
                not make it, but it is still hard. There wasn't anything else we could
                have done for her. It was just hard hearing her wimper and knowing
                that we couldn't do anything. She just laid there on her side. She did
                not even have the strength to hold her head up. When she was first
                born, she moved around, but towards the end, she couldn't do any-
                thing at all, and it broke my heart to watch her die!!! Well, gotta go
                for now! At least there is ONE healthy kitten. It probably didn't help
                that the kitten who passed on was the runt, and it seemed like her
                lungs weren't fully developed, but it didn't make it any easier!

Thanks for all the support!!

Comment

Working...
                X